Sunday, September 26, 2021

A PhD at 50? (or why do I keep going back to school)

"Why would anyone in their right mind go back to school, once again, instead of relaxing and taking advantage of the golden years?" or "haven't you had enough of school?" - I have received some of these reactions when sharing that I have finally taken the step of facing a PhD. Yep ... 1st year of my PhD is starting at ISEG! 


Why now? Well, the fact is that this is an idea (desire) that I have had for many years, but kept it in the draw. I love studying and this passion has taken me back to school for several different courses and post graduation studies. 

I like to think that I am part of a an entire population dedicated to life-long learning. Being part of that bulk of people that often goes back to school to complete degrees as payed-off. Learning and researching has helped me live and work with open-mindedness and intellectual honesty.
  
At this stage in life, I feel (even more) pragmatic and resilient, willing to ask questions and take this risk in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment